Resources for Students
Prospective College Students with Learning Disability
- Judy York, Director of the Resource Office on Disabilities at Yale University, offers some important advice for prospective college students with learning disability about to embark on the transition from high school to post-secondary education.
- Pepperdine University provides a helpful checklist for students with learning disability who are beginning the transition into college.
Current College Students with Learning Disability
- The UF CWC provides an array of services in order for students to be successful socially and academically. The center provides students with a personalized plan, created by their licensed staff, which could include on-line resources, group or individual counseling, psychiatric services or biofeedback.
- In this article, NPR interviews Kathleen G. Nadeua, author of Survival Guide for College Students with ADHD or LD. Nadeua provides her top ten tips for undergraduate students with learning disability.
- Headstrong Nation has a vast amount of information and resources for individuals of all ages who have been diagnosed with dyslexia. These resources include interactive quizzes, information on workplace accommodations, and videos.
- This interactive activity is part of Headstrong Nation. It allows for self-testing of one’s attitudes and strengths, as well as a helpful visual map of the results.
- The Khan Academy is a not-for-profit educational website that posts free supplemental videos on math (ranging from pre-algebra to calculus), science and economics, computer science, humanities, and test prep material. Want to review trigonometry and precalculus before you start calculus this fall? Care to see an overview of the cardiovascular system? Planning to take the GMAT soon? The Khan Academy covers these concepts and more. Especially for visual learners, the videos are a helpful tool for learning difficult coursework or reinforcing key concepts covered in the classroom.
- This video is helpful in learning to read academic papers. It will be useful to anyone who finds reading academic papers stressful or tedious.