Video & Multimedia Resources
Want to know more about LD and prefer video format?
Please feel free to check out some of the video resources included below!
General Video Resources
Learning Disabilities, What are the Different Types? – National Center for Learning Disabilities (NCLD)
- This video by the NCLD explains some of the different types of learning disabilities and how they specifically impact learning and participation.
Strengths of Students with Learning Disabilities and Other Disorders – National Center for Learning Disabilities (NCLD)
- This NCLD video reflects on the positive aspects of learning disabilities and related disorders. These strengths include characteristics such as persistence, strong work ethic, creativity, and being solution oriented.
Equal Access: Universal Design of an Academic Department – Disabilities, Opportunities, Internetworking, and Technology (DO-IT)
- This video by the DO-IT Program at the University of Washington discusses how the concept of universal design can be implemented in the academic setting to increase its accessibility. The video contains interviews with CS³LD project collaborators Jim Gorske and Anthony Delisle.
- TED Education has a wide variety of educational videos that discuss topics such as physical science, space, world economics, and engineering. Each video is called a lesson, and these interesting lessons are given by renowned engineers, psychologists, chemists or simply by people who have a fascinating or new angle on a certain topic.
Specific Resources on the Neurobiology of LD and Types of LD
Neurobiology of Learning Disorders: Dyslexia, ADHD, Dyscalculia, & Dysgraphia – Presented by Dr. Fernette Eide at the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry 2012 Annual Meeting, Shared by DyslexicAdvantage
- This video, shared by Dyslexic Advantage, contains a lecture conducted by Dr. Fernette Eide at the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry in San Francisco. Dr. Eide explains the most current neurobiological research in the field of learning disabilities and differences.
What is ADHD? – National Center for Learning Disabilities (NCLD)
- The NCLD video describes general aspects of ADHD and also discusses which executive functions are affected by having this diagnosis.
What is Dycalculia? – National Center for Learning Disabilities (NCLD)
- This NCLD video discusses dyscalculia, which is a learning disorder that mainly affects an individual’s ability to complete mathematical tasks. It further elaborates on the specific mathematical processes that might be affected such as measurement, estimation, and spatial relations.
What is Dysgraphia? – National Center for Learning Disabilities (NCLD)
- This NCLD video presents an introduction to dysgraphia including the symptoms and qualifications for diagnosis. Dysgraphia mainly affects writing ability and the motor-sensory and memory tasks associated with writing.
What is Dyspraxia? – National Center for Learning Disabilities (NCLD)
- This NCLD video talks about dyspraxia, a learning disorder that affects motor skills, and the video also details the different forms of speech, balance, or other fine motor skills that may be impaced by this diagnosis.
What is Dyslexia? – National Center for Learning Disabilities (NCLD)
- This NCLD video provides an overview of dyslexia, a learning disability that primarily affects reading and other associated tasks. This informational video describes the key components of dyslexia as well as the importance of early recognition.
What is Executive Function? – National Center for Learning Disabilities (NCLD)
- This NCLD video explains executive functioning and how it is related to children who have learning disabilities. The link between executive functioning and learning is explained as well as warning signs.